Friday, February 5, 2010

Help creating true psychology experiment?

I have to write a psychology paper for my class that presents a research proposal. Right now my general hypothesis is that teenagers that smoke face higher levels of depression. My other hypothesis is that teenagers who face high levels of anxiety tend to smoke to self-medicate. Could these be better stated?





Two independent variables must be included. One of them I have included is anxiety and I have no problem operationalizing that. But I'm having trouble thinking of ways to operationalize smoking in an experimental setting. How would I go about doing this?





Depression is my dependent variable and operationalizing that should also be easy.





This research will not actually be conducted but how would I use random assignment to assign people to either smoke or not smoke if they are not willing to smoke? Could I say that the participants would be informed that they may have to smoke in the experiment?





Any help is greatly appreciated.Help creating true psychology experiment?
why dont you do a simple memory experiment where you have 2 groups of participants.


One group remembers words in black


and the other group remembers words in colour.





The results of the experiment is that participants memorising words in colour remember more than those who memorise the black words.





This can be used in everyday life through revision techniques.


(people should revise using colour in able to remember more)





;xo

No comments:

Post a Comment